If you are new to Twitter and are looking to increase your Twitter following then this article could be for you. Perhaps, you are a Twitter veteran and need some new followers.
There are so many ways to get followers on Twitter. One of the more popular ways it to let software add Twitter followers for you. This software adds so many followers to your Twitter following on a daily basis. Then there are people who do this all manually. They do this by following many people each day and then waiting to see who will follow them back. If the people they followed do not follow them then they unfollow those people. This is time intensive.
I know about these two ways of adding Twitter followers because I have done it both ways. The biggest problem is, none of these followers really care about who you are or what you are doing. I have found, that you need to establish relationships with people first.
Remember to keep in mind that it is not the number of followers that matters nearly as much as the quality of your followers. For example, would you rather have 50,000 followers who spam your in-box all day with their own offers or would you rather have a dedicated following of 200 Twitter followers who read your posts?
For me, I would rather have a much smaller dedicated following. Here are some simple steps that will help you build a list of quality Twitter followers.
1. Who are the gurus in your Niche? If you are in the MLM industry, who are the successful gurus with big followings, who consistently give good advice? Choose 5-10 gurus to follow. More than likely, they will not follow you back, but that does not matter. This is not the intention.
2. Read what these gurus tweet. Respond to their tweets. When you are responding to them, write intelligent responses that make sense. Others will see your responses and will start following you.
3. Retweet the things that the gurus tweet. Even if you only have 10 followers, retweet these things!
4. Write your own intelligent and helpful tweets. Tweet 10-12 times a day. You can tweet links to other people’s blogs that have especially helpful information on your niche. You can tweet current news or inspiration quotes. Get your tweets out there.
5. When someone follows you, follow them back. Then take the time to respond to them and ask them about their job or their business. People are very interested in themselves. If you want to build trust with others then get them to talk about themselves. Eventually these people will start retweeting your tweets.
6. Please do not spam people with information about your business opportunity. People are sick and tired of being sold on their Twitter feed. Instead provide helpful information that people will find value in. This will also help you be viewed as a leader in your industry.
If you can do this each and every day consistently, people will start following you on Twitter. Plan to spend 15-20 minutes every day on Twitter and you will see results. The key is to be consistent.